Sunday, November 20, 2011

Love Hate Love Since 2000

I love street art, and it's not something I need to say, I am sure this is understood.  So I don't really subscribe to "love hate love" - for me what's to hate?  I even love DN and all his inappropriate tagging.  Actually, if you look critically, it's spot on for location, timing and impact.  But that's another blog post and one I am not sure I am wearing the right armor for.  I know I know, it's not street art, its an insult to street artists, it is not even graffiti, taggers should be shot, blah blah blah ...

I am a huge fan of making things easy (paths of least resistance were the easiest mathematical concepts for me to grasp), so true to form I Googled "Love Hate Love", expecting a pathway straight to the source.  Instead I found an Indonesian Street Artist.  Fucking cool man! But not what I needed to see.  A "source" suggested Love Hate Love may be the work of our Klara, Urbex Queen, new talent of the year.  That makes sense to me because her work has definitely been tagged with the "Love Hate Love" stickers. Post Script: It is not Klara's work and remains a mystery...

So I am afraid after searching this cyberspace we occupy I am none the wiser and this post has no point except to present Love Hate Love, Street Art.  Enjoy! Oh and I blame the Pooley 2008 Family Reserve Cab Merlot that has befriended me but as I write this post I have a sinking feeling that I can only locate a couple of the Love Hate Love images right now...  So here are those along with a few random pics to remind you how awesome Fitzroy is...

Klara, I confess to have a huge Art Crush on you

How on Earth do I consistently find more Will Coles, that I have walked past a 100 times


And the Brunswick Street Gallery Hard Rubbish show was a treat...I must confess I have 2 of the TV's - this one is up for grabs if you can guess the locale...




What is not to love about an astroturf car?

This is just the goods, can't wait to see more


And finally Birdhat, Melbourne has been blessed by your presence once more!



4 comments:

Klara said...

Feelings mutual FF, I'm so flattered! However I am sorry to say your 'source' is misinformed... I'm not responsible for the love hate love work. Has been appearing near/on my work alot since... as have many various modifications/additions :) gotta love hate love it... Kx

Unknown said...

Yeah what a mystery! Will keep my nose to the ground !!!

Anonymous said...

http://interlocationproject.blogspot.com.au/ x

Unknown said...

thanks for the link, awesome work, love the concept:everyone else I will retype it:
http://interlocationproject.blogspot.com.au/